Kirsten, Scott & Janelle Snarey
At , the original Prayer Request was:
Dear Praying Friends,
Our third daughter & husband, Kirsten & Scott Snarey, are requesting prayer regarding their soon to be born son.
Kirsten 'n Scott have Janelle (8 years old a week ago today) and having lost children in the 1st trimester both before and after Janelle, were delightfully surprised to experience Kirsten keeping this child beyond the 1st, and on through now, when the child is technically due on February 6.
However, today, she
called Jan and told her that the doctor has checked this morning and the baby's
heart rate is . . . slow. She is to go back in this afternoon (
Please join them and us in praying for God's best for the baby, Kirsten and her family as well as the rest of us who have gleefully anticipated the arrival of this special little blessing (our 11th grandchild).
Yours, In Christ,
tim, for jan, too
1. 10:24 - We are joining in prayer for Kirsten, Scott, Janelle & the soon-to-be baby as well as grandparents. May the Lord continue His awesome presence in this glorifying Himself thru their faithfulness to Him. Carol & KO – Friends from Marin Covenant Church (MCC) for over 20 years.
2. 10:29 - I am praying with you! Bruce Bugbee – The executive director of the Synod of the Far West Region of the Reformed Church of America. We were in a meeting together on Wednesday of this week.
3. 10:29 - Tim & Jan,
I spoke just now with Sean - we are both earnestly praying for Kirsten, the baby, and the rest of your family. xoxo Lisa – Friends we’ve known for a couple three years, living over the hills to the west of us.
4. 10:31 - First we will pray for them as well as pass this along to our small group. If you remember us, Madeline and I were married in your church 3 years ago this coming April. We have been trying to have a baby for almost 2 years and can empathize with Kirsten's disappointment in many ways. In October of last year, Madeline became pregnant. We had a couple scares, but tomorrow she will be 4 months along. In Faith, we are expecting our first child together July 23rd. Keep us in your prayers as well please. Both for a safe birth and for God's support for us to raise our child in his will. We will be praying for Kirsten and Scott !!!
Jim Levoe – A dear couple who married in our church building, whom we’ve kept in contact with since, and enjoy sharing prayer matters back ‘n forth.
5 - Dear Pastor Tim,
will be praying here at KTLN and TLN in
Your KTLN family…. J – The folks at the TV station I periodically appear on, helping with their daily devotionals.
6. 10:40 - You've got it! Please keep me posted.
Love, Suzy – G. MCC
friend now teaching in
7. 10:41 - Tim,
Warren is in Washington, but I will let him know as soon as he checks in. I will pray for your daughter and family.
Assistant to Warren Carter – The Carters are special friends who just attended the National Prayer Breakfast, and who are responsible for our being able to participate in that on those times that we attend.
10:41 - Pastor, we are definitely standing with you in prayer. Our
President, Jerry and his wife went thru a similar experience this past year
with their grandchild – also in the
To: #All_KTLN; #ALL_KEEN; #All_TLN_Rockford; #All_TLN_Aurora
Subject: Prayer Request for one of our Pastors
Please take a moment to pray for Pastor Tim Arensmeier and his family. He is a ministerial supporter of our station and has been faithfully praying for our ministry and specific prayer needs.
Thanks so much J
Assistant to Debbie Fraser – How special, to know these dear fellow servants of our Lord, and have them joining us in prayer! And, to know that they helped get the word out throughout their various TV stations.
9. - Hi Tim,
Its always great to hear from you, but this time I just had to write back. While praying for that child I had the strangest feeling that he has already been dedicated to the Lord. Like Samuel, he has been given to the Lord's work and service and will have a very special call. I pray that we will all have the privilege of watching this child grow, and learn, and change the world before God jealously takes him home.
Blessings to you and the family. Grace and peace to you and yours.
Robert - M. a classmate of Kirsten’s
10. 10:41 - Tim-- We will be praying. Chris Q. – ‘n his wife have been friends for over 20 years, initially through MCC.
11. 11:00 - Done
at Mass today...thank you Jesus – John and his wife are
12. 11:01 - I will pray. Ginny
has gone to
Blessings, Joe – A dear couple we met some . . . 4 years ago and with whom we’ve spent many enjoyable hours.
13. 11:01 - Absolutely PRAYING my heart out...:))))) xo
Love you guys, K – My brother,
Dan, his wife, Jan and I think of Kimberly as “our little sister.” She and Kirsten have been friends for
years. She and her family moved to
14. 11:01 - Pastor Tim: Our prayers are with Mom and child
right now! Ben –
is the president of the Classis of Central California, Reformed Church in
15. - Tim and Jan, Please know our prayers are with Kirsten, Scott and Baby, and you, too. Please keep me posted.
God Bless -
As always, Franki – One of my cousins, living in
16. 11:24 - Brother Tim:
Great to hear from you, as always. Thank you for keeping me on your periodic posts.
you ever get to
Ken Gray – Friend ‘n son of one of our favorite regional directors during our years with The Navigators.
17. 11:24 - Prayers lifted. – Liesl
(not our daughter, but another Liesl) A prayer warrior in
18. 11:24 - She will certainly be in my prayers. Please keep me updated. david - Another MCC friend for years – now an author!
19. 11:24 - Tim - Kirsten, Scott and their baby are in our prayers... donn – his wife ‘n boys are a part of the church we serve, and they’re all a pretty creative bunch! We’ve walked with them through some of their larger family stuff.
20. 11:24 - Rosemarie lost perhaps four children in their first trimester. It hurt me, but was devastating to her. She has always viewed each one of these little souls as her children and the losses were devastating.
Then along came our son Harrison. Contractions started in the second month and continued until birth. We literally held our breath every day for 7 months.
I don't mention any of this to discourage you. I only want you to know how much we emphathize.
Kirsten and her husband are in our thoughts and prayers. We
wish them the best.
Please keep us advised.
Hal – is an attorney friend and colleague in the context of the Christian Conciliation Service. We’ve probably known each other for at least 19 years.
21. 11:24 - Lifted up
Steve – and his wife live in the
22. 11:33 - Tim, You and your family are in my
prayers. Debra – serves with me on the YoungLife
Committee here in
23. 11:33 - Tim: Thanks for letting us share the journey with you. We will be praying for your family. jims – is a pastor in an RCA church in the Bay Area, with whom I have the privilege of serving the Classis.
24. 11:44 - Message received and Joan and I are praying for the healthy arrival of your precious new baby. Blessings always, AnJ GOD BLESS AMERICA--LET'S ROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – Al & Joan helped with your reception, Kirsten, and I know you recall them. They remain dear and special friends. I had the privilege of officiating at their daughter’s wedding some 15 years ago. Which would mean you’ve been married . . . about the same time . . .
25. 11:51 - on our knees. Barbara ‘n her husband have about 13 kids, and she knows mommying . . . And, has written several books and articles on the subject. Also MCC friends from way back.
26. 12:06 PM - Tim & Jan, We lift up in Prayer: Kirstin, Scott, Janelle, the baby, you two and the doctor's and staff assisting now and in delivery.
God knows, God cares, God is Willing and God is Able! We are doing the Work! Blessings,
Thad & Sandy – Kirsten, your mom has known Thad since the 7th
grade! We reconnected first in
Further posts on
27. Hi Tim and Jan,
What wonderful news to learn of the new son to be born, but now concerns for this new young life. Prayers from Michelle and I are on there way for the health and safety of both their son and Kirsten and for the doctors to have the utmost expertise and discernment in making the decisions for the very best outcome. New is life is such a miracle and a blessing. Please keep us updated.
Love and prayers,
Caroline – Another friend from MCC days, whose daughter Michelle is also a friend.
28. I am going to my knees right now! Off to prayer! Janet – L. another MCC’er who is another praying buddy.
29. Father please protect both mother and baby. Give them the confidence that you are in control no matter the situation. Be with the grandparents also as they wait.
KT – Wonderful prayers not even from our church in
30. We are and will be praying for Kirsten & family, including you and Jan.
Love to you both,
Mike & Cheryl
– Friends from within the National Prayer Breakfast
31. Tim, I pray that God's word be true & that He not let it return to Him void - that children are a blessing - like arrows in the quiver. I pray that He prepare their hearts that if it not be His will for this child to come to the world, that He bring His all-surpassing comfort.
all of our love to you & Jan - missing you guys!
andrea – a dear couple whom we loved in
32. We are praying! David – ‘n Gennelle . . . in
We will be praying with you about this.
Should you come to
I will be in
David – friends in
34. Dear Tim and Jan; Be assured I am praying for Kirsten and the precious baby and all of you!
Yours in Christ, Joan – fellow member of the YoungLife
Committee here in
35. God's peace and grace be with your family. We are praying!
Keep us posted. Steve – my associate minster
during our years in
36: Tim, Thanks for the email. I am praying for this child Tim. Please let Kirsten know that I send my love to her, Scott and Janelle and please give us an update as soon as you can about baby Austin and Mommy’s health.
Heather – Formerly P. , and a classmate of
yours with whom we remain in contact.
They now live in . . .
37. All of you are
in our prayers and in our Lord's loving care.
Carolyn – M., now of
38. Tim & Jan,
Thanks for letting us know. Yes, we will be praying that God's best will come for the baby, Kirsten and her family.
Norma – Very gifted musicians who serve the Lord
around the world, and whom we met at the church in
39. Evelyn – my former secretary in
40. We will be a praying for Kirsten and family.....
Keep us advised....
MCC’ers with whom we were in a Care Group for over two years, now living in
41. Thanks for letting us know about Kirsten's situation and about Vivian.
We are praying. We still miss you guys. By the way, the Nelson's (Noel and
wow! We're praying! Come on little baby, you can make it!
Love you - Chris and Roger – Chris came to faith in
Jesus Christ through our ministry in
43. Am with you in prayer Tim—Ginnie Nichols – whom I know that you know . . .
Dear Family 'n Friends -
tim (for jan, too)
Then, the responses to the Update on
44. Tim: Thanks for including us in the circle of
prospective prayers. I did and will
continue to do so. So, please let us
know how things develop. Blessing to you, Jan and your crew. - Tom & Mary were living in our home in
45. I'm so happy things are better. I also e-mailed John to pray; they were at
APU together; ...he'll be glad too. – Judy ‘n her hubby, the
dentist, are MCC’ers. Their son
46. Evelyn Annis – one of my secretaries in
47. PTL, this is an answer to prayer! - Christian H., is a pastor in
48. That is just such great news. Praise God! Jeff. Thanks for the update. Heather – P. your classmate in SRHS and an MCC youth group member.
49. Hip, hip, hooray! - Dan Y., son of Ron
& Betty Y.,
whom your mom and I lived with in
50. Dear Tim and Jan, that is a good news, let's
keep praying and wait for God's will......You are very special people
and we are sure God knows how to respond in each situation...Thank
you so very much for keeping us posted. –
51. Praise the Lord - for His mercies are new each and every morning... Great is His Faithfulness!!!!
Rejoicing with you
Lori – One of the wonderful members of the Reformed Church in America, who has been a wonderful help to your mom and me since being a part of the RCA here in Sonoma.
52. Good to hear the great news about your daughter and I'll keep her in my prayers, Tim.
Susan – Kirsten, remember the family whose daughter needed a heart transplant? This is the mom whose second daughter need a heart transplant, too. Can you believe that?!
53. Dear Tim and family, I
haven't heard from you for some time. I
surely hope that your Daughter Kirsten and her family
experiences the gracious care of the Lord in this recent crisis and that the
baby is delivered without difficulty.
God bless you one and all! Anna Nixon – who was a Quaker missionary
54. Great news. Thanks for letting us in on the prayer chain.
Ron and Joyce – Y. with whom your mom and I lived in
55. Thanks for the good news. We will continue to pray for Kirsten, the baby, and for Snott Scarey. Nice to hear from you. Chris Q. – Hummmm. Chris remains a very special friend, in spite of his “warped” sense of humor.
56. Thanks for the good news about Kristen's baby. I began praying for her when I read your message this morning. Will continue to pray that the baby arrives safely next week.
– C. Kirsten,
you may recall Katie ‘n Tim, who are missionaries in
Did not know there was
a problem. Glad to hear there isn’t now. Love Gennelle – who, with David in
58. Yes, praise God!!!! Great to have answered prayer in so brief a time. klo
– Karl is the “Classis Minister” in the Reformed
59. I have
been off line all day long and just now read these messages about Kristen and
Scott’s baby. Sure thrilled to hear all is well for now. Please keep us
informed and we will join with others in prayer for this family and a safe and
healthy delivery when God so wishes and all will be well with the mother and
child. How wonderful to have that many grandbabies. I have only one and will
never have more but I tell you what that one is a pure joy to us. Prayers are
with you all. Loya – H., whom Liesl met with me in
60. thanks for the update. we're praying too. jonel and ken – R. The R’s were friends and fellow followers of
Jesus Christ in
61. that is wonderful news!!!! Prayed as soon as i got your email and so was delighted when i got to it tonite to see the exciting news. please keep me in the loop.
Joshua – M., who is a part of the
Fellowship and visited in our home several times in
62. I'm glad I got BOTH emails at the same time. Praise God ... and
keep me in the loop!!
~JMB – Jeannie remains a special friend from MCC days.
63. Glad things are going fine. We'll keep
praying. Incidentally, my granddaughter-in-law was to have her baby girl
on Jan. 23rd, but she's not here yet. If not by Monday, it will be
Caesarian. So would appreciate your prayers for
Thanks for the
update. I'm in
bless, Tal – B., heading up
the ministry of Spiritual Counterfeits Project in
65. We will be praying for you and your wonderful family. I appreciate
being in on your family updates. We’ll be in
Off to Marin tomorrow. Jenn and I are driving over, picking up Sarah and Chrissy Gates. We'll be heading to The Spinnacker where a birthday for Michelle Parsley will be celebrated! I sure wish we could find her a man! That would be THE best b-day present ever! :-)
Jacki – McN, another MCC’er and her family whom we love and whose youngest, Amanda I had the privilege of marrying off to her husbvand this last year.
67. Tim, Great news …PTL. May you be blessed with a wonderful new grandchild.
Clif – Regional Director of YoungLife, where your mom and I serve youth on the YL Committee.
68. What a relief. I had so many of those terrifying moments when I was pregnant (especially with Olivia) that my heart really went out to them. I will be praying for them! Thanks for the good update.
Pam – a
fellow trustee member at the college I serve in
69. Tim, Jan
I just now opened both messages. My, oh my! What drama unfolds before our eyes. The grace and mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ are the priceless treasures mined within the inner courts of our relationship with Him. His goodness is the standard by which good is defined. (Matt )
I cannot help but imagine that this child has a special anointing for His purpose. May this grace and mercy remain upon this soul now and always for His Kingdom's sake.
In Christ Jesus, our risen Lord and only Savior
Bob Gander – whom, with his
wife Carol, we were in a bible study in
70. Can't wait to see pics of that little
beauty! By the way, Roger is in
Love you – Chris – L., then Dessimoz, who came to faith in Christ through the ministry we were involved in while in
71. Thankful to hear your news and we will continue to pray...(what a loving God we have!!)
& J.D. – C, with whom we were in the MCC
Care Group for over two years! Now living in
72. Thanks for the update. A couple of last few mornings, Anita has been awakened and the Arensmeiers have specifically been on her mind. She asked me to check up on ya'll. Well, this morning is the first time checking my email since Anita's request to check it a couple days ago.
She has been praying for all of you, even tho not knowing the exact
reason. Now she has the reason. Please keep us updated concerning
Scott, Kirsten, and the baby.
73. I'm glad for that report. Blessings. – Michael, whose daughter you assisted. Debbie is the mom of the daughter you helped, and for which both parents remain thankful.
74. That is such GOOD news. Praise the Lord! I am rejoicing with ya'll.
"Behold, I have
graven thee upon the palms of my hands ...." Isaiah 49:16 – Pam and her husband are missionaries with New Tribes
Missions out of
75. HI Tim....
I just read the other email as well. I will pass along the word and know that Kirsten and family will be in our prayers.
Norlin – B., from
76. great news-dick – whose wife, Joy, are
friends initially in
77. Good Morning Tim and Jan!
We are pleased to hear your second report.
My oldest granddaughter gave
birth to a baby girl in
Marilyn and I leave for
Please keep us in your prayers.
Dave and Marilyn – N., who is a fellow trustee of the college I serve. Dave is the former board chair whom I thoroughly enjoyed and continue to enjoy.
78 PTL! We continue to intercede for Kirsten & the family. I'd love it to be Feb 6, one day after mine tho' I'm MUCH older!!!
Carol – B., who along with husband Kent remain special friends from MCC days.
89 YEA GOD – Bruce is the executive of the Reformed Church in
80 Thank You, Lord!!! See #31 above.
81 Fantastic news, Tim!!!! We’ll keep praying for all to go well. Dave -
is one of the pastors in the RCA Classis of which we are a part. He is also the former president of the
Reformed Church in
God bless you, Tim. We'll
keep your daughter in prayer!
Jeff – an attorney friend from years ago who helped me with matters in the Christian Conciliation Service.
you Jesus!!! – Diane ‘n Dick of our own church here in
84 We think Mark ---one of our favorites---applies. Great news. Praise God. Keep us posted. Blessings always, AnJ
85 "Praise God" is right!"! I'm so happy for all of you and I'll keep right on praying! Joan - See #34
86 Hey Tim, Thats great news! Matt – who works with KTLN TV for whom I occasionally do a devotional spot.
Thank You Father!
KT See # 29.
88 PTL! Thanks for the update. – Elizabeth
P., whose folks are in
Love, Dick and Barb – S, with whom we are in contact as he is a pilot and they are people whom we knew through MCC and our own church here in Sonoma.
90. Delightful news indeed! Was glad to hear that Kirsten was allowed to return home. I will be praying for this new little life that his passage into this world will be safe and healthy. All my best to Kirsten and Scott as we await further good news.
Rob B – whom you have known from MCC days, Kirsten.
91. Continued blessings in this important part of your journey.
Jims – fellow member of the
“servant team” of the Classis of Central California of the Reformed Church in
92. DEAR TIM AND JAN, SO GLAD THAT THINGS ARE BETTER FOR
THE KIDS. JUST OPENING MY E-MAIL. TODAY IS SUNDAY. WE
WILL PRAY FOR A SAFE DELIVERY ON TUESDAY. LOVE, SIMEON AND
A fellow trustee of the college I serve in
93. Thank you, Lord! – Secretary to the president of the college I serve as a trustee.
94. Thank you so much for the prayer chain! It's always so nice to know you've been bathed in prayers!!!
Kirsten 'n Scott
95. Thanks for the update...Our love and prayers continue. clark - Our family friend and attorney who has known you and your sisters since the 1980’s
96. keep us posted. Love you guys. Joe – S.
whom we’ve know ‘n loved since our days together in
97. Hi Tim,
I'm still a-prayin' for Kirsten, Scott, and---...just came back this morning from visiting a little lad born yesterday - half a dozen different doctors told his parents (dear Christian friends in their 30's) they would never be able to conceive...the Lord must have a special job for him to do, 'cause he's defied all odds...same for Kirsten's little one perhaps...
Blessings to all,
Laurie – H, whom we met through Anthony here in town and who is a praying sister.
98. hi tim, what a relief. she and the baby (and you and jan) are in my
prayers, debbie –
YoungLife Area Director here in
The Sixth has come and
gone... We continue to wait for news as we continue in prayer
Carolyn – 2nd from our CCS colleague now in
Word sent out on February 10, 2006:
Hi All -
I just got off the phone with Scott. Kirsten went to her doctor yesterday, was checked out and told that if she hadn't delivered the little guy by NEXT FRIDAY!, they would then induce . . .
So, Kirsten has picked up some castor oil - some have told her it naturally induces labor; had a lobster burrito for lunch - same old wives tale and she and Scott went for a 2 mile walk last night . . .
Add to all of this, that when I called Scottie, he was just finishing up the airing out of their garage as their refrigerator out there had almost caught fire and is technically shot.
I mentioned to Scott that it seemed to me that they were having a rather normal Arensmerian week of relaxed living . . .
Seriously, keeping these guys in prayer is obviously on the front burner of my mind.
tim (for jan, too)
Responses . . .
100. YOU KNOW I AM ALWAYS
HAPPY TO PRAY..... – Verle, is one of our special ladies at the
101. Two ounces of castor oil,
one teaspoon of baking soda, and Tang for an 8oz glass all mixed together makes
a nice orange fizz. Much
easier to down. My results
produced a Jon Hedlund. – Funny, but true
story of my second cousin, formerly here in
102. We are a praying....
Let us know how everyone is doing....
Joyce & J.D.
103. Look forward to the great news of
104. We continue to add our prayers. When this and all my stuff returns to normal, we will gather at some coffee spot and chat! In the meantime, we know that all is in His hands.
Richurd & Patti Somers
105. Thank you Tim. Wishing that our paths would cross someday. We always go east, never west.
Kirsten and Scott and Austin will be in our prayers.
Kevin - McH
106. This letter was also
forwarded on by Evelyn, my secretary when we lived in
107. Really wonderful news on the up coming birth of your newest Grandchild. Please keep in touch and let us know about him and the parents to be. Loya
Thanks for the update. We will be praying. CQ
109. Let us know!!!
And - Jan would you be available for lunch this Thurs?
110. Why does this make me feel incredibly old, when it seems not
that long ago that I was drying this childs
hair after a bath and marveling at the variations of red I could see??? Sue - B. who lived
in our home in
111. That is great news! Yeah, I took that drug for Amanda's birth. Once you go on it, they can't take you off of it cuz if you start getting contractions they don't know if they're natural, and will keep on going, or if the drug is doing it, which if stopped, then the contractions would stop as well.
Hang in there, Gramps! He's almost here!!!!! I guess we'll be in a lull for a while in regard to having more grandbabies.
I will be praying for your daughter the delivery of your grandson and for peace to you and Jan through this time. – Liz is an MCC friend with whom I’m doing a musical event on the 25th of this month. An Argentine girl will be playing the piano at MCC and we’re assisting.
113. We will keep him in our prayer. Please pray for my family as well as Dad just got his promotion at this morning. God was so incredible as Dad did not suffer. He came to know Jesus over the last year while living with my wife and I during his battle with lung cancer. Thank you for your prayers. – Jim & Madolyn, again.
114. We are anxiously awaiting the new arrival.
VERA – Again, our realtor friend in
115. Thanks for the update. I mentioned to Michelle last night that I wondered what was happening and that I had expected to hear something on the 6th, but was confident that all must be going well. We’ll keep them all in our prayers today and look forward to learning of the birth and blessing of this new little one.
Caroline – T, again from MCC
116. Thanks (grandpa) for the update!!
117. Thanks for keeping us in the loop, they are in our prayers for safe and healthy delivery of Austin Jeffery. So nice to name her son after our son-in-law (Jeffrey Rooney) !!
Love, Gennelle – Our wonderful ‘n special friends in
118. God bless you, Tim.
Yes, we are praying for a safe delivery! - Another Jeff, attorney buddy up north.
119. Waiting for these little ones to make their debut
is exciting, yet nerve wrecking. We trust little
We love you guys.
"Behold, I have
graven thee upon the palms of my hands ...." Isaiah
49:16 – Again, Pam & Paul from
120. You, Jan, Kirsten and her family are in our thoughts and prayers.
Please let us know if we can do anything to help
Hal – C. is an attorney in
121. Nothing like a grand child. – Dan B., a retired theologian with whom I do coffee
122. Praying for the little
guy to follow Jesus and become the
– Friend and
former trustee at
123. Hi Tim,
This has been a LONG time. I am praying for Kirsten and Austin. Keep me posted.
Janet – L, again . . .
124. Thanks for keeping us posted on
progress of new arrival--lots of suspense for all. Margaret D. – (M is a member of our church in
125. Hi Tim & Jan:
Just wanted to let you know that we have been praying and will continue to pray for Kirsten and Austin. Do keep us posted.
Take care, JoAnn and Don – B., from
Updated: March 27, 2006 (Jan’s birthday!)