Subject: Very interesting . . . and very scary!
THE WORLD SITUATION - A LETTER TO MY SONS
written by a retired attorney, to his sons,
Dear Tom, Kevin, Kirby and Ted,
As your father, I believe I owe it to you to share some thoughts on the present world situation. We have over the years discussed a lot of important things, like going to college, jobs and so forth. But this really takes precedence over any of those discussions. I hope this might give you a longer term perspective that fewer and fewer of my generation are left to speak to. To be sure you understand that this is not politically flavored, I will tell you that since Franklin D. Roosevelt, who led us through pre and WWII (1933 - 1945) up to and including our present President, I have without exception, supported our presidents on all matters of international conflict. This would include just naming a few in addition to President Roosevelt - WWII: President Truman - Korean War 1950; President Kennedy - Bay of Pigs (1961); President Kennedy - Vietnam (1961);  eight presidents (5 Republican & 4 Democrat) during the cold war (1945 - 1991); President Clinton's strikes on Bosnia (1995) and on Iraq (1998).  So be sure you read this as completely non-political or otherwise you will miss the point.
Our country is now facing the most serious threat to its existence, as we know it, that we have faced in your lifetime and mine (which includes WWII). The deadly seriousness is greatly compounded by the fact that there are very few of us who think we can possibly lose this war and even fewer who realize what losing really means.
First, let's examine a few basics:
1. When did the threat to us start?
2. Why were we attacked?
Envy of our position, our success, and our freedoms. The attacks happened during the administrations of Presidents Carter, Reagan, Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2. We cannot fault either the Republicans or Democrats as there were no provocations by any of the presidents or their immediate predecessors, Presidents Ford or Carter.
3. Who were the attackers?
case, the attacks on the
4. What is the Muslim population of the World?
5. Isn't the Muslim Religion peaceful?
but that is really not material. There
is no doubt that the predominately Christian population of
(http://www.nazis.testimony.co.uk/7-a.htm). Thus, almost the same number
of Christians were killed by the Nazis, as the 6 million holocaust Jews
who were killed by them, and we seldom heard of anything other than the Jewish
atrocities. Although Hitler kept the
world focused on the Jews, he had no hesitancy about killing anyone who got in
his way of exterminating the Jews or of taking over the world - German,
Christian or any others. Same with the Muslim terrorists. They focus the world on the
6. So who are we at war with?
There is no way we can honestly respond that it is anyone other than the Muslim terrorists. Trying to be politically correct and avoid verbalizing this conclusion can well be fatal. There is no way to win if you don't clearly recognize and articulate who you are fighting.
So with that background, now to the two major questions:
1. Can we lose this war?
2. What does losing really mean?
If we are to win, we must clearly answer these two pivotal questions.
definitely lose this war, and as anomalous as it may sound, the major reason we
can lose is that so many of us simply do not fathom the answer to the second
question - What does losing mean? It
would appear that a great many of us think that losing the war means hanging
our heads, bringing the troops home and going on about our business, like post
· We would no longer be the premier country in the world. The attacks will not subside, but rather will steadily increase. Remember, they want us dead, not just quiet. If they had just wanted us quiet, they would not have produced an increasing series of attacks against us over the past 18 years. The plan was clearly to terrorist attack us until we were neutered and submissive to them.
· We would of course have no future support from other nations for fear of reprisals and for the reason that they would see we are impotent and cannot help them.
will pick off the other non-Muslim nations, one at a time. It will be increasingly easier for them. They already hold
next will probably be
· If we lose the war, our production, income, exports and way of life will all vanish as we know it. After losing, who would trade or deal with us if they were threatened by the Muslims. If we can't stop the Muslims, how could anyone else? The Muslims fully know what is riding on this war and therefore are completely committed to winning at any cost. We better know it too and be likewise committed to winning at any cost.
Why do I go on at such lengths about the results of losing? Simple. Until we recognize the costs of losing, we cannot unite and really put 100% of our thoughts and efforts into winning. And it is going to take that 100% effort to win.
So, how can we lose the war? Again, the answer is simple. We can lose the war by imploding. That is, defeating ourselves by refusing to recognize the enemy and their purpose and really digging in and lending full support to the war effort. If we are united, there is no way that we can lose. If we continue to be divided, there is no way that we can win.
Let me give you a few examples of how we simply don't comprehend the life and death seriousness of this situation.
· President Bush selects Norman Mineta as Secretary of Transportation. Although all of the terrorist attacks were committed by Muslim men between 17 and 40 years of age, Secretary Mineta refuses to allow profiling. Does that sound like we are taking this thing seriously? This is war. For the duration we are going to have to give up some of the civil rights we have become accustomed to. We had better be prepared to lose some of our civil rights temporarily or we will most certainly lose all of them permanently. And don't worry that it is a slippery slope. We gave up plenty of civil rights during WWII and immediately restored them after the victory and in fact added many more since then. Do I blame President Bush or President Clinton before him? No, I blame us for blithely assuming we can maintain all of our Political Correctness and all of our civil rights during this conflict and have a clean, lawful, honorable war. None of those words apply to war. Get them out of your head.
· Some have gone so far in their criticism of the war and/or the Administration that it almost seems they would literally like to see us lose. I hasten to add that this isn't because they are disloyal. It is because they just don't recognize what losing means. Nevertheless, that conduct gives the impression to the enemy that we are divided and weakening, it concerns our friends, and it does great damage to our cause.
more recent vintage, the uproar fueled by the politicians and media regarding
the treatment of some prisoners of war perhaps exemplifies best what I am
saying. We have recently had an issue
involving the treatment of a few Muslim prisoners of war by a small group of
our military police. These are the type
prisoners who just a few months ago were throwing their own people off
buildings, cutting off their hands, cutting out their tongues and otherwise
murdering their own people just for disagreeing with Saddam Hussein. And just a few years ago these same type
prisoners chemically killed 400,000 of their own people for the same
reason. They are also the same type
enemy fighters who recently were burning Americans and dragging their charred
corpses through the streets of
we, nor any other country, can survive this internal strife. Again I say, this does not mean that some of
our politicians or media people are disloyal.
It simply means that they absolutely oblivious to the magnitude of the
situation we are in and into which the Muslim terrorists have been pushing us
for many years. Remember, the Muslim
terrorists stated goal is to kill all infidels.
That translates into all non-Muslims – not just in the
We have been criticized for many years as being 'arrogant'. That charge is valid in at least one respect. We are arrogant in that we believe that we are so good, powerful and smart, that we can win the hearts and minds of all those who attack us, and that with both hands tied behind our back, we can defeat anything bad in the world. We can't. If we don't recognize this, our nation as we know it will not survive, and no other free country in the World will survive if we are defeated. And finally, name any Muslim countries throughout the world that allow freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom of religion, freedom of the Press, equal rights for anyone - let alone everyone, equal status or any status for women, or that have been productive in one single way that contributes to the good of the World.
been a long way of saying that we must be united on this war or we will be
equated in the history books to the self-inflicted fall of the
don't win this war right now, keep a close eye on how the Muslims take over
Democracies don't have their freedoms taken away from them by some external military force. Instead, they give their freedoms away, politically correct piece by politically correct piece. And they are giving those freedoms away to those who have shown, worldwide, that they abhor freedom and will not apply it to you or even to themselves, once they are in power. They have universally shown that when they have taken over, they then start brutally killing each other over who will be the few who control the masses. Will we ever stop hearing from the politically correct, about the "peaceful Muslims"?
I close on a hopeful note, by repeating what I said above. If we are united, there is no way that we can lose. I believe that after the election, the factions in our country will begin to focus on the critical situation we are in and will unite to save our country. It is your future we are talking about. Do whatever you can to preserve it.
the way on
 As you know, I am a strong President Bush supporter and will vote for him. However, if Senator Kerry is elected, I will fully support him on all matters of international conflict, just as I have supported all presidents in the past.
 Source for statistics in Par. 1 is http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html.
 The Institute of Islamic Information and Education
the attached article by Tom Segel referred to in
footnote 6 infra, the terrorist Muslim have already begun the havoc in
 I checked this article with two sources - Hoax Busters and Urban Myths. This was checked by the person who sent it to me. It does not come up as a Hoax on either. I also then E-mailed Mr. Segel and he confirmed the article was his. This was done by the same person.
"I don't think the Army or any branch of service runs any type of war any
more. It's done by senators and
congressmen. There are too many
civilians involved." Returning
are 64 Muslim countries. This does not
count countries like